Tips & Tricks
It's so easy to decorate a professional looking cake using an edible icing image. We stock a huge range of round and A4 sized edible icing images featuring popular characters and themes.
How to apply an Edible Icing Image to your cake:
- Ice your cake with buttercream or fondant. For the best results ensure your finish is smooth and level.
- Remove your edible image sheet from the air tight bag. Your edible image is cut and ready to use – if not, use sharp scissors or a craft knife to cut around the image.
- Remove your Edible Image from the backing sheet by gently rolling the backing sheet over the edge of a table or benchtop with image facing up. The image should release - gently peel the image off the backing sheet. Do not pull hard on the sheet as they are delicate and could rip.
- If using fondant, lightly spray the cake with a fine mist of water.
- Lay the image on top of your cake by holding the ends and gently applying from the middle first, to the ends.
- Gently smooth out the edible image making sure there are no bubbles and the edges are touching the icing to achieve a nice finish.
- Add icing borders, sprinkles and sweets to complete the look!
- Make sure your fingers are not moist when handling the edible image.
- Do not remove the image from the airtight bag until you are ready to use – otherwise it will be affected by the humidity in the air. If it is too moist, the image will stick to the backing sheet, too dry and the image with crack.
- For best results when using buttercream apply the image just after icing the cake so that a skin has not formed on the icing. If it has, you can lightly spray a fine mist of water to moisten.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, the image will start to blend into the icing. Do not touch the image as it can dent.
- Colours will show best on white icing. Coloured or chocolate icing will darken the lighter parts of the edible image.